March 20, 2006

Olly - Wha' Happened?

I-YI-YI!!!

My good God things got real ugly in Texas! I've just got back to Angleterre and I'm actually feeling remotely human, which is bewildering after the shenanigans. It felt like we were there for two minutes...Three gigs, one radio session, more par-tays than you can shake a stick at, all shaken and not stirred into the most lethal, mind bending cocktail....I managed to catch Mogwai, Jason Collett, Hot Chip and a great comedy duo with couzy's called Flight of the Conchords. The best band by a country mile was Tunng. It's rare to see bands which make you feel like giving the whole thing up, ie. feel like you need to go back to the drawing board! Hot diggidy they were like...how do you say...like, totally awwwwesome.

So all in all, twas a fan-dabby-dozy SXSW....Gomez they came, they played, they conquered....or perhaps, they came and..erm got drunk.

Take care y'all,

Olly,

2 Comments:

Blogger Viola D said...

I'm so jealous.

Nice use of the Mighty Wind quote, there, too. ;)

5:58 AM  
Blogger tania said...

it was so nice to run into you twice :)
i can't believe you remembered my name
quite impressive
have a great time tonight at hotel cafe
i love that place,
i am blogging my sxsw experience as well on my myspace account
www.myspace.com/tania
i'm barely on friday...

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home