July 10, 2006

Blackie Blogg-Festival Delights!

Wow, what a weekend it's been. Oxegen on Saturday and T-In The Park on Sunday, both unbelievable crowds. It's not that often after playing 100's of shows that you get carried away by the crowd reaction to that extent, but I think we were tearing through some of those songs simply on pure adrenaline after walking out to such reactions. We were all made up to be back over in this neck of the woods and have such a great reception so thanks to everyone who came.
Checked out some other cool stuff whilst walking round during the day, The Magic Numbers at T, we played a show recently in the States with these guys, you couldn't meet a nicer bunch of people & they are indeed a great live band. The Go Team were pretty damn crazy, I'm sure they're popping something in their tea, I think it's the same stuff that Tom has before he goes onstage, but all six of them have been at it, very entertaining & very energetic. The Who seemed to be doing a good job, I can't say I'm the worlds greatest Who fan, I like their hits I guess, but they definately still do their music justice & in good humour.
Hope there's plenty of you coming out to the Latitude Festival this weekend, if you can match the crowds of this past weekend it'll be a very happy band infront of you.

3 Comments:

Blogger fannymcslap said...

I have to apologise for not being at oxegen! I live about 6 miles away but was 60 miles away at the weekend! I'll just have to catch you guys across the water I guess!

7:14 PM  
Blogger vanillagrrl said...

I was the world's biggest who fan for the longest time -- it's fun to see some current faves (Gomez, Rose Hill Drive) intersecting with them today. Glad they've kept a sense of humor through it all.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Si said...

Blackie- its Simon (the guy who interviewed you at Latitude). Just wanted to say thanks for your time. Caught the performance too- i was really impressed!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home